Dear Gallatin Families,
I would like to welcome all new and returning students, parents, and staff to the 2017-2018 school year at Gallatin Elementary. I would also like to extend a special welcome to our new Principal, Dr. Katherine Estevez. I hope that you all had a restful and enjoyable summer.
As your new PTA president, I am honored to work alongside such an outstanding team of parents, staff, and faculty who are committed to the success and well-being of each and every student. Our dedicated team has been busy this summer attending trainings, workshops, and meetings aimed at ensuring that we are prepared to meet the needs of our Gallatin students and families. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive community for every parent, teacher and student.
As parents, we have the opportunity to support our children in both big and small ways. We have the opportunity to lead by example, and to join a community that will serve as a protective factor for the rest of our children’s lives. I encourage each of you to be involved in your child’s school community. Here are some ways to stay involved:
- Join the PTA – membership is $8 and supports both local and national programming aimed at making every child’s potential a reality. Your $8 membership also comes with membership perks, and allows you to vote at our monthly PTA meetings.
- Volunteer your time – whether you have 30 minutes or three hours – your time, talents, and resources are greatly appreciated. PTA sponsors & funds various programs and events throughout the year, including the Ice Cream Social, Reflections Program, Talent Show, Winter Wonderland Workshop, Bingo Night, Movie Night, and Carnival. Each of these events is made possible by our PTA volunteers – we appreciate any amount of time you are able to volunteer.
- Support our fundraising efforts – you make it possible for us to enhance our children’s educational experience. Our fundraisers allow us to offer the family engagement opportunities listed above, admission and transportation to field trips for all students, educational assemblies, classroom supplies, technology and library donations, and so much more.
- Stay connected – Like us on Facebook to access tips, resources, and event reminders; visit our website; look out for our monthly newsletter; visit our PTA informational tables at our events.
- Come to our events – nothing would please us more than to have all of our Gallatin Grizzlies and families attend our events. Everything we do is for the kids – join us!
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to serving you throughout the year, and hope to see our PTA community grow.
“Be your child’s superhero – Join the League!”
Gallatin PTA President